As I choose to live my life filled with joy I seem to stumble on little pieces that illuminate why love is the greatest source of joy. I have to give my full heart to loving the Lord and the people in my life. Even though in choosing to love everyday, I will experience the heights and the depths. The heights will always fully out weigh the depths. Here is an excerpt from a book I'm currently reading:
But the best of life is, in fact, emotional, then one wanted the highest, purest emotions: and that meant joy. Joy was the highest. How did one find joy? In books it seemed to be found in love- a great love. So, he wanted to heights of joy, he must have, if he could find it, a great love. But in the books again, great joy seemed to go hand in hand with frightful pain. Still, he thought, looking out across the meadow, still, the joy would be worth the pain -- if indeed they went together. If there were a choice-- and he suspected there was-- a choice between, on the one hand, the heights and the depths and, on the other hand some sort of safe, cautious middle way, he for one, here and now chose the heights and the depths.

(thanks for the book suggestion Katrina and Carly)
I am glad you are enjoying my book! =) Parts of that book really got me, like the excerpt that you chose. Enjoy! I love you & with great Joy!
ReplyDelete